Monday 20 April 2009

Vufone - essential and smart application

I can safely say that I haven't been suffering from writers block despite the fact that I have neglected posting articles for the past 3 months. It's been a chaotic couple of months to say the least and I'm happy to say I'm back - for today anyway.

I've been meaning to do a review on quite a relevent application that I was able to get my grubby paws on - namely Vufone.

The product is in essence an online mobile phone backup tool - on steroids - providing the following features;

Backup
Regular automated backup of your phone
No cables needed, over-the-air backup
Safe copy of your mobile information on a secure server
Contacts, messages, calendar, photos, videos or smartphone documents
Restore to any new phone brand or model

Synchronise
Get your Microsoft Outlook meetings or Google Calendar on your phone
Automatically synchronize Microsoft Outlook contacts or Gmail contacts to your phone
Synchronize your Microsoft Outlook tasks to your phone
Use your phone contacts in Microsoft Outlook or Gmail
Manage your phone contacts and calendar on the web

Upload and Share
Upload your camera phone pictures and videos and view them online
Create online albums and show them to friends and family over the Web
Send your pictures and videos to friends phone
Upload your mobile photos and videos to your favorite social network
Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, YouTube
View your photos online in full quality

Additional Features
Upload songs to your phone over the web
MyPersona – make your picture appear on your friends phone when you call them
Turn any web picture into your phone’s wallpaper
Listen to your mobile music online
Send cheap text messages from the web

Pretty neat and relevant as I have about 4 different phones which I can now easily share the same information on - maintaining consistency across all devices. I particularly like the way one can configure what you want synchronised and the ease of use in setting up as a first time user.

What did bug me a bit is that the application connects your phone to the site every day for it's scheduled synchronisation but this is something I can overlook as it's value outweighs the irritation factor.

So if like me you are looking for an application that provides a relevant and much needed service with so much more than just back-up - check out Vufone.

Gets a double thumbs up from me.




No comments: